Valentine's Day is right around the corner and I see this is a perfect opportunity to talk about my favorite subject: STONES!!! Stones and minerals have been known to have certain healing energies*, and are often associated with a particular chakra. In this blog post, I am going to summarize the gemstones and minerals that are associated with the heart charka, thus helping to attract love in all its forms (not just romantic love) and to heal matters of the heart.
Here are the major stones of love:
- Garnet, the birthstone for January, has been known to attract love and abundance. Fun fact: in ancient times, garnets were exchanged as gifts between friends to demonstrate their affection for each other and to ensure that they meet again.
- Emerald, the birthstone for May, has been one of the most desired precious gemstones in history. A stone of calm and rejuvenation, it is also a stone associated with the heart chakra, helping clear any matters of the heart.
- Ruby, the birthstone for July, is regarded as one of the main stones of love, attracting love in all its forms. A symbol of passion, ruby makes an ideal romantic gift.
- Peridot, the birthstone for August, is a stone of love and healing. Associated with the heart chakra, it helps heal old emotional wounds.
- Rose Quartz stimulates love and opens the heart chakra, bringing peace, happiness, faithfulness, and good relations. It promotes forgiveness, love and friendship, and is a symbol of gentle love and beauty.
- Rhodochrosite, the Colorado State Mineral, is a strong love healing stone, which helps heal old emotional wounds and helps to facilitate self-love.
- Jade, a stone of good fortune, is also a stone of love. Specifically, its message is "love and accept yourself."
- Chrysoprase is believed to help heal a broken heart and alleviate emotional pain. It can also help bring new opportunities for new love.
I am there are other stones of love that are not mentioned above, but these are the ones that come to mind. Happy Heart Chakra Month!!
(*Disclaimer: Crystal healing and other types of energy work are not to be considered as a substitute for traditional medical treatment. If either you, or someone you know, has a serious health issue, you or they should consult their own doctor and/or other appropriate professional medical practitioner. Just because a crystal or stone is alleged to have one or more healing properties, either physical, mental, emotional or spiritual, it does not mean that you, personally, will definitely experience, or benefit from, any such properties.)