More than ever before, online shopping is faster, easier, and (mostly) secure. With holiday craft shows cancelled and retail stores having limited capacity, you can shop for jewelry and other holiday gifts from the comfort of your home. Here are five things to help you feel more confident when buying jewelry online:
- Set a Budget. Make a list of who you want to buy for and the budget for each gift. Be sure to leave a little room for sales tax and shipping charges, as these are often additional.
- Do Your Homework. Perhaps you want to gift your daughter-in-law a jewelry, but aren't sure of her style. A little research on photos posted on social media will give clues to her style (dainty vs. statement) or preferred metal type (silver vs. gold). If social media isn't your thing, a quick call to a relative or friend will help with clues so that you gift the perfect piece of jewelry for her (or him).
- Do More Homework. Now that you have an idea on what you want to spend and the style of jewelry, start to research websites. Make sure they have a secure website (https:// vs. http://) and order processing times. Also, see if they have special offers (i.e. free shipping) and a written exchange/return policy.
- Be Selective. To take the last suggestion a step further, shop with businesses that align with your core values. Is shopping local important? What about women-owned or BIPOC-owned businesses? Is a business that is eco-friendly or that gives back important to you? Businesses will have their values on their About page or Core Values page.
- Know Your Shipping Deadlines: Whether the jewelry is shipping USPS, FedEx, or UPS, it's critical to know that you (or the recipient) will receive your purchases on time. Be sure to consider order processing times as additional time to shipping.
If you have any questions about how to shop for jewelry online, be sure to drop us a note or give us a call! We answer all messages within 1 business day.